21st century has brought thousands of innovations like social media, gene editing, blockchain technology, daily transportation, multi-use rockets to boost the regularity and comfort of communication among citizens of the world. Nowadays, the cross-cultural interplay is more frequent than it used to be in the past.
New technology advancements have lots of comfortable advantages, but along with benefits, it has brought lots of conflicts and perilous consequences. After terrorist attacks, 9/11, mass shooting in the streets at daytime, bombings, citizens of the US and worldwide realize the role of flexibility and effectiveness of communication to preserve peace, friendship, and harmony, and students have to put down their personal understanding of the current problem of communication in academic assignments.
At present, communication discipline copes with complicated areas, and writing a competent paper requires hitting the books. You can read the major steps of how to put down a communication essay and provided our students with the list of necessary and up-to-date topics.
Communication research is comprised of four definite approaches, or concepts: social science approach, interpretive approach, critical approach, postmodern approach. Each student ought to obtain a grasp of all of them and choose how to present the academic paper.
1. Social Science, or Functionalist Approach
It is based on sociology and psychology and predicts human behavior. The aforementioned concept`s goal is to forecast behavior, often counting on quantitative methods with observations. Critics regard that both culture and personality traits impact dialogues.
2. Interpretive Approach
It is originated from anthropology and linguistics and works with qualitative research methods. The above-mentioned concept considers human behaviors as changeable and creative. According to scholars, culture is made and maintained through dialogues. Interpretive scholars explore the conduct of members of a community by being physically present in it and creating friendly ties with them. The interpretative concept analyzes culture from the outlook of representatives of the cultures, while researchers are interested in describing it rather than foreseeing using the interpretative approach. Interpretative experimenters answer questions about what means to be a member and how to reach this status.
3. Critical Approach
The critical approach studies the context in which a conversation takes place and regards reality subjective. The critical concept is all about learning how to give rights to individuals in society if they lack ones and equalize opposing forces as there is an unequal distribution of influence: some people have absolute rights, take advantage of it and suppress those who don`t know or have these freedoms. Scholars are interested in making changes in communities by helping citizens to grapple the psychological oppression.
4. Postmodern Approach
It derived from modernism and is used in many fields like philosophy or critical theory. Before, the mentioned approach accentuates attention to pressures and inequalities in daily life. The target is to question, criticize, and compromise the normalized power structures that regulate organizational life. This approach critiques classical beliefs that interpret standards and power structures as adequate constructions. This concept blames attitudes of strict categorization like men against women, white against black.
How can a college student compose an outstanding research paper
In order to compose an outstanding research paper on communication, take into account the following practical guidance:
Make up a precise research topic
Your topic must be definite. Avoid too general ones as you will get confused and lose the purpose. Limit the extent of research to a few angles that may be argued within the needed research paper length.
Refer to several sources
The process of putting down a research study requires in-depth scrutiny, refers to different materials in terms of the embraced theme. Investigation of one, two sources will result in total plagiarism, but working with twenty, or fifty-one will bring success.
Add authentic authority
Internet is the least valid source of useful data when it comes to academic papers. Double-check the info you add to your assignment. Lecturers will surely accept books, journal articles, websites, and online libraries.
Apply the latest data
Bear in mind that our world is fast-paced, and last year, reports, statistics, and facts are considered obsolete and have no academic value, especially if it is American. Scrutinize the latest publications, scientific magazines, journals. Information relevance is particularly significant in communication research questions discourse as it deals with constantly changing technology innovations.
Info shouldn`t be subjective
Examine all viewpoints in detail. Remember to disprove all antagonistic ideas. Always include appropriate examples to exemplify each aspect in an engaging manner. Agree that expressing only one opinion isn`t enough, present several.
Compose a memorable introduction to hold up readers` interest, and then make a logical sequence of paragraphs. Add your ideas and thoughts when you insert the materials of other authors. Learners often use colloquial language in academic works. Colloquial language is used in informal spoken conversations, contains contractions and slang. It is forbidden to use its research studies. The same refers to hypotheses and assumptions. They are just empty facts without evidence. Include statistics and confirmation to convince the audience. In the end, summarize all the aforementioned information in the article by giving your opinion.
Formatting and Citation
Research essays in communication should be written in one of these formatting styles:
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Chicago (CMOS)
Make sure you know the rules and requirements of the style you are going to write an essay in, otherwise check it with your teacher, or professor, because one mistake in formatting can cost you a lot.
In order to receive a high grade, make sure your research paper has a good flow, and is error-free. The reason you won`t receive good comments from your professor is a large amount of stylistic, grammar, and orthography blunders. Since you have finished writing, blue-pencil, and read many times. Then use online Plagiarism and Grammar Check. There are multiple similar services on the internet.
100 Communication Research Topics
Here you can read and select the most alluring topic for your thesis. The themes are grouped into a few categories:
- The influence of business on journalism.
- Should people rely on a sports critic’s review of a gym before visiting it?
- What skills are required to become a well-known journalist?
- Why do governments of some countries control their social media sites?
- Can a journalist be objective when one reports about a war?
- How journalism influences violence?
- Should journalists get permission to be up close in bombarded territories?
- Is it adequate when journalists post naked photos of Hollywood stars?
- What is the yellow press, and who started it?
- Should male news reporters be allowed in SPA salon rooms of females?
Public Relations Topics
- What is effective crisis management in the world of social?
- Theory, research, and practice of global public relations.
- PR as relationship management.
- What are public relations?
- How mobile is intruding public relations?
- History of public relations.
- Dialogue in public relations practice.
- How is the PR agency model evolving?
- PR propaganda and democracy.
- PR and inbound marketing
- Advertising as communication.
- Advertising & its impact on consumption in the mediated marketplace.
- Cross-cultural advertising peculiarities.
- Technology’s impact on advertising.
- Location-based advertising concept.
- Mobile devices in advertising campaigns.
- Audience involvement in advertising: audience involvement levels.
- Smoking in advertising.
- Possible detrimental effects of advertising on children.
- Celebrity Endorsement.
Interpersonal Communication Topics
- Deception in interpersonal relationships
- Context impact on interpersonal interaction quality.
- Culture, gender, and personality in interpersonal communication
- Will the social aspects of interpersonal contacts be a barrier to the creation of electronic banks without staff?
- Positive Affirmations and their influence in interpersonal communications
- Medium role in interpersonal communication.
- Interpersonal dialogue and self-esteem.
- What are the ways to improve interpersonal communication?
- Interpersonal communication in business relationships
- The spiritual meaning of interpersonal communication
Intercultural Communication Topics
- Approaches to intercultural information exchange.
- Miscommunication in the foreign language classroom.
- How is feminism perceived in various cultures?
- Culture shock in a professional environment
- Christian Christmas celebration at multireligious schools
- The role of the translator in intercultural dialogue
- Clothing Styles in an Intercultural Setting
- Cross-cultural business communication
- Creation of Forums for Intercultural Exchange programs
- LGBT in different societies of the world.
- Acceptance of difference in Intercultural communication
Topics on Virtual Communication
- Communication in global virtual teams: digital analysis.
- How to make virtual dialogues more effective?
- Computer-mediated communication & the virtual culture concept.
- Trust and interaction in a virtual working environment
- The best application for the virtual classroom.
- Is it effective to organize a Virtual team meeting? Tell the pros and cons.
- Nonverbal dialogue in virtual environments.
- Communication Management within virtual groups in world projects
- Does the future belong to virtual communication?
- How can virtual communication save your time?
- How does frequent communication via Skype spoil an individual`s eyesight?
Social Media Research Topics
- Advantages and Disadvantages of parents` hyperproduction of children`s activity on Instagram.
- Human values after social media foundation.
- Can social media stop racism?
- Is it safe to search for a job on Facebook?
- Celebrities on social media
- How Social networks make people commit suicide?
- Does social media kill stereotyping?
- Social media as the best platform to develop a business
- How does Instagram influence buyer perceptions of brands?
- How do Facebook and Twitter help during pandemics and natural disasters?
- Transitioning leadership.
- Keys to effective mentoring
- What is the role of teambuilding in leadership?
- How can a leader keep his workers motivated?
- Boundary spanning leadership
- Why does a good leader need to learn to delegate workers` strengths?
- Building trust in groups
- Leadership and key communication process.
- The lies leaders tell themselves about disruptions
- What separates analytical leaders from laggards?