Here are 5 simple tips on how to write a reflection paper?
Of course, high-quality examples help us form an idea of the assignment. However, it comes to test your skills in practice. We will work on the concept of reflective paper gradually, paying attention to the main points.
1. Reflection papers are divided into
It is very important to know the specific types of this essay because this way you can fulfill all the requirements correctly and get a high rating.
There are three most popular types:
- Education. There you must express an opinion on specific academic information to test students’ knowledge.
- Professional. This type is most popular among teachers because it evaluates your professional abilities.
- Personal. Usually, this is the task that students receive. It involves the expression of their ideas and thoughts on a specific topic.
We will focus on educational reflective papers as they are used most often or synthesis essays too. However, the concept is approximately the same for all three types. Therefore, every advice is worth your attention.
2. Come up with a topic
If you need to write an academic or educational reflective paper, you need to choose a topic and subject. For a topic, a book or a series is well suited for consideration. You need to choose the topic that is most suitable for yourself so that your thoughts are natural. Do not pay attention to how strong or weak your subject is, the main thing is that you have ideas on this topic.
It doesn’t matter if you need to come up with a topic or subject or have you been given it. Nevertheless, we recommend that you carefully approach the choice of the subject of work. Analyze the topic and come up with arguments before you start writing an essay online.
3. Brainstorming and outline
Do not neglect taking notes while you are working on a draft. Thus, you can correctly form your thoughts and beautifully present them on paper. First, come up with one sentence for each piece of reflective paper. Try to summarize the most important thoughts.
What is brainstorming for? To write a reflective paper you need to formulate a clear opinion on a particular topic. Moreover, it should be understandable to any person and not contradict the arguments.
Sometimes you even have to pick up a clear thesis after choosing the arguments. Although everyone has their brainstorming system, the most popular are lists and charts.
After spending some time brainstorming you will make an outline, which is to help in writing your reflection paper.
4. Organize your work
Use the data you prepared with the brainstorming. Take some time to draw up an action plan. To properly organize reflective work, pay attention to these points:
- Ask yourself a direct question. Try to find in your life something that borders on your theme. And you will understand in which direction to move.
- Build an expressive introduction. Your introductory paragraph should be concise and strong to immediately attract the attention of the reader. Try to describe your main thoughts in several sentences.
- Come up with an emphatic thesis. In one or two sentences describe your expectations from the subject of discussion and an outcome that you got.
- The main part is for your main idea. In the body of your reflection paper, you should place an explanation of the expectations from the project and detailed information about the result. Reinforce your thesis.
- Sum up your ideas. Create a brief conclusion, which is to summarize your observations and feelings about the outcome.
5. Useful tips
Although each student forms his style of work, there are several universal tips for improving the quality of reflective paper:
- Brief and Great. Usually, a reflective essay is from 250 to 750 words in volume like 5 paragraph essay. Therefore, put only relevant information in your work. Otherwise, it will not be interesting.
- Strong and Emphatic. Create a strong thesis, express your main ideas concisely and build an emphatic conclusion. It does not help you hold the reader’s attention.
- Avoid plagiarism. Remember you need to cite your sources and add references if required. Do not avoid those stages, because plagiarism is the worst thing that can spoil all your efforts.
- Proofread your paper. You should check the finished reflective essay for grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes. If you are not sure you can handle it, use the services of specialists.
Reflection Paper Quick Start Guide
The following data is essential, so take care your reflective essay contains these items.
In that paragraph, you need to build a thesis and state your ideas.
There you should use arguments that prove your statement. Also, it is a good form to take something from your own experience with the subject.
Summarize your ideas and thoughts. Reinforce the thesis and share your feeling about the outcome.
Some extra tips
- Write less but better
- Formulate your thoughts simply and clearly
- Do not use more than one idea for every paragraph
- Concentrate on your feelings
Follow these tips and you will write the reflective paper in the best way.